Skip to main content
When weight loss is your goal, bear in mind the following tips:
- Always balance your meals with protein, carbohydrates from whole grains, fresh or frozen vegetables, or fresh fruit, and natural healthy fats.
- Eat 4 to 6 mini meals everyday to keep your blood sugar stable and your metabolism burning faster.
- Include fats everyday from nuts, seeds, avocado, olives, and olive oil. Choose REAL butter over margarine or other partially hydrogenated fats.
- Eat plenty of fresh vegetables, non-starchy, everyday!! There is no limit here!!
- Reduce sugar cravings by increasing quality proteins and fats especially at breakfast.
- Eat 1 to 2 servings of whole grains daily with meals.
- Eat 1 to 2 servings of fresh fruit daily.
- Avoid fast foods, fried foods, and damaged fats (fried foods and partially hydrogenated oils).
- Never eat sweets alone. They must always accompany a meal that contains some protein and fat to help slow the absorption of sugar down.
- Do not focus too heavily on the scale. This can create resistant thought and cause you to obsess about your weight. Rather, pay attention to how you feel in your clothes, comments that others make to you about weight loss, and the way you feel in general.
- Never over eat. Eat to the point where you are comfortable and satisfied, but you are not stuffed or really full.
- Exercise at least 4 or more times per week. Walking is excellent exercise and when combined with strength training and stretching, makes for a well-rounded exercise program.